TuckerTales is a podcast hosted by Jason and Jennifer Tucker. Jen's stay-at-home mom (SAHM); Jason's an IT professional. This is their story of living in Southern California -- dealing with 3 kids, teen drama, video games, and a toddler who gets into everything.
Greetings folks… Jason here, it’s been a long time since Jen and I have podcasted and I thought I’d bring you up to speed a bit as to what we’ve been working on lately. Jen and I a few years ago started a twitter account called @OHatDL (Overheard at Disneyland) where people can submit things they overhear while at Disneyland to our twitter bot using the #ohatdl hashtag. After a while I thought I’d be a great idea to archive these “overheards” by starting a website of the same name: http://www.ohatdl.com we later launched @OHatWDW (Overheard at Walt Disney World) and a website to go along with it: http://www.ohatwdw.com . 5/25/2011 marks the day that @ohatdl had it’s 5000th follower which is pretty amazing concidering we don’t do any formal advertising.. kinda, we do have a full page ad in http://www.beatweek.com‘s magazine. We have 2500 posts on the website with right around 4000 submissions to the account(s) with some of which were of lesser quality and not “disney safe” for us to share on the website.
With Jen and I being as obsessed with Disneyland as we are (we live 12 miles away, you would too!) we needed an outlet to share our findings while at “The Park”. We started yet another website called Disney Day Trippers (http://www.disneydaytrippers.com) where we post about our “day trips” to Disneyland.
So that’s what we’ve been up to… follow us on twitter if you wanna day by day look at what Jason and Jen do
Dallas won so we’re recording again this week. The more Dallas wins the more TuckerTales we’ll record. Be sure to bug @jentucker on twitter the days that Dallas plays and if they win REALLY bug her so we’ll make it upstairs to record.
@jentucker: “Make ya a deal, if Dallas wins tonight, we’ll record a TuckerTales podcast. ”
So there you go, Dallas won, its hot.. we left the fans on, closed the door and hit record and recorded without any show notes. 10 months of catching up wrapped up into 43 minutes. Jen says if Dallas when again we’ll record… let’s see if that happens
Overheard At Disneyland – Have you ever overheard something at Disneyland and thought it was funny, silly or just plain wrong? We overhear things all the time at Disneyland and wanted a place to share them with everyone. http://www.ohatdl.com
Jessalyn’s first time picking out a Christmas Tree
Dinner with the outlaws
Jen cooking Strata for Christmas Morning
Christmas Morning recap
Favorite gifts this year
Favorite Memories from this year
Apparently getting Jen a nice present is a bad thing
Jess and surprises
Jessalyn is getting big and isn’t being as shy lately
New Years, firecrackers and other annoyances
Jen’s 9 things in 2009
1. Successfully make homemade bread
2. Move out of this apartment
3. Pay at least 1 thing completely off
4. Get the girls together for Girl’s Night Out more often than in 2008
5. Clean out the game/bedding closet
6. Go camping OR go to the Bay Area
7. Go to the San Diego Zoo
8. Go to Disneyland and stay 1 night at the Grand Californian Hotel. Heck, I’ll even take a night at The Disneyland Hotel
9. Make a bunch of dresses to get Jess through the summer
Jason’s 9 things in 2009
1. Go out with my brother and my cousin more often
2. Move out of this apartment (yeah I stole yours jen!) find a place with a workroom / office.
3. Visit my grandmother at least every other weekend with Jessalyn
4. Find some way to get disneyland passes for the 3 of us so the 5 of us can go on the weekends more often. Look into upgrading chris and kk’s passes to include saturdays
5. Talk with my core friends more, build stronger relationships
6. Develop a family budget that includes saving for a grand vacation
7. The San Diego Zoo would be nice.
8. Potty train Jessalyn
9. Teach Jessalyn to swim